Railroad Forums 

• Line connecting West Trenton and Trenton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#84258  by Tom_E_Reynolds

That is a great Pic. I haven't seen the station in 10-15 years, I am surprised it still looks so good. I am glad they are still using it.

Here is part of another MAP from the Trenton Planning Board from 1971 showing all rail lines in the area. It is a wonderfull resource when looking for rails in the Trenton area that have been removed or paved over. I like this map becuase there is a lot of detail on all the branches and spurs.

#84280  by kpiersol

Great map. Unless I am reading it incorrectly, there was no "connection" to the PRR main line to New York, at least not in 1971. Was there ever a connection between the P&R line from West Trenton to the PRR main line in Trenton?? Or am I not seeing it on the map??

#84488  by SPUI

kpiersol wrote:Great map. Unless I am reading it incorrectly, there was no "connection" to the PRR main line to New York, at least not in 1971. Was there ever a connection between the P&R line from West Trenton to the PRR main line in Trenton?? Or am I not seeing it on the map??
Nope, there never was a connection. It may have been possible to connect to the PRR using the Enterprise Branch (splitting northeast and running near US 1).