Railroad Forums 

• Lima Visit in April

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#101207  by acsxfan1

Folks .. I will be spending several days in Lima around the end of April while my mother undergoes surgery .. I have not been there in over 30 years.

My question is: where can I go to safely railfan ... I have maps and all the usual museum stuff on the way from the chamber of commerce, but don't want to get into trouble with the locals ...
 #101310  by WNYRailfan

Well if you plan your cards right...you may be able to get into Lima and have Wayne York open the display for the NKP779. The NKP779 as well as a pullman car and a caboose are sitting in a locked/fenced display area in Lincoln Park (a park in downtown Lima, OH). Wayne said that if anyone wanted to get into the display to see everything...he has the keys. I was there in November, but I didn't ask to be let inside.

Wayne York is the secretary for the Ft. Wayne RRHS. Here is the contact link for that group:
http://www.765.org/FWRHS_Officers.htm

Besides that...no one bothered me anywhere in Lima. I walked around various places taking pictures with no one even asking me any questions.