• Life-Like Proto 1000 Budd RDC-1

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ApproachMedium

Sounds good to me
  by jwhite07

As an update, it's apparently an RDC-2 and not an RDC-3 that I have (during this project I have been learning the ABCs of RDCs!). Operation Light Board Delete has been performed successfully, with the board replaced by a styrene sheet on top of which are taped an older Digitrax decoder and all of the wiring, to keep such things up and out of window view.
  by ApproachMedium

Oh god, all that work and you put a digitrax decoder in. Youll figure that mistake out the first time something shorts out and it wont restart running without tipping it off the tracks and putting it back on,.