Railroad Forums 

• Lewiston Industrial Track/Lewiston Lower Rd/Branch status

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#755884  by drcrf93

More empties headed to Grimmels. MEC 515/379 arrived in Brunswick around 14:00 and headed west shortly after. Some mixed freight for Maine Eastern on the train as well.
 #755931  by drcrf93

I'm not exactly sure how many cars since the train was almost out of sight by the time I got to the yard. Sorry. Probably 10 although a post on Yahoo said there were only 9 on a recent EDPO. I knew the power because a friend told me. It is great to see two units in Brunswick. Last time, only one unit was used and ended up stalling on the return trip to Brunswick. Hopefully they will use two from now on or at least in the snow.
 #756255  by MEC407

Thanks for the information and the videos, Ren, and welcome to railroad.net! :-D
 #756401  by Titleist71

Ren,
Thanks for the update!! What great information. I live in Lewiston and have been mapping out a "legal" way to go see them working that branch. This sure helps to get a look at things. Good work! Keep us posted.
Todd
 #756429  by bubbytrains

Ren:
Welcome and thanks a lot for the information, pictures and videos! Great stuff! I live in Lisbon and am especially interested in this topic. Keep up the good work!

-Alan S.
Lisbon, ME
 #756514  by b&m 1566

Any plans to restore this branch even further or is the scrap customer the end of the line?
 #756706  by bwparker1

MaineMG wrote:Hi Folks:

I'm new here (joined today) and I live in Pejepscot and own 500' of frontage on the Lewiston Lower. I have been monitoring the new traffic coming from Grimmels and I have some pictures and video of the traffic...
Ren, Thanks for updating the group here, really cool stuff! - Brooks Parker
 #756710  by drcrf93

MaineMG wrote:Beyond that, there is (or at least was) a siding and loading dock facility in the LIsbon industrial park that could also be served with just minor repairs to the line.
That would be nice! :)

Welcome, and thanks for the information/videos Ren.

Dan
 #756715  by bwparker1

One other question, does anyone know what the deal with this loading dock is?

http://bit.ly/8FhIUg

It is Northwest of both Grimmel's and the Celotex Mill, and it would appear that shortly thereafter in the direction of Lewiston, the track is gone altogether. - BWP
Last edited by bwparker1 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #756813  by bubbytrains

The loading dock in the Lisbon Industrial Park is owned by the Town of Lisbon. They have expressed interest in the extension of rail service to that dock. One possible customer there would be Maine Recycling. Unfortunately this is located beyond where the State-owned trackage ends and within the Guilford-owned section.

-Alan S.
 #756841  by Mikejf

Where exactly does the state ownership stop? They have kept the line cleared beyond the depot in Lisbon Falls. And the section I know that is owned by Pan Am has trees growing up between the rails the size of your wrist.
Mike