Railroad Forums 

• Let's try a poll

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

The best place to watch trains in Ohio is...

1. Fostoria
19%
2. Berea
13%
3. Deshler
6%
4. Vickers
6%
5. Rockport/Collinwood yds
No votes
0%
6. Walbridge/Stanley yds
6%
7. Attica Jct
No votes
0%
8. Williard
No votes
0%
9. Bellevue
6%
10. Other (please list)
44%
 #1376  by matt

The best place to watch trains in Ohio is...
(sorry for my NW bias)

#1385  by railohio

Glendale.

Great line, great signals, great trains, and a great bar right next to the tracks! :P
Last edited by railohio on Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#1588  by nycrick

There are a lot of good places to trainwatch in Toledo besides just the 2 listed. In fact ther's a lot in NW Ohio it just depends on what you want to see.

Rick

#1743  by ErieLackawannaC425

Glendale by far, its the closest to my home in Cincinnati, a close second is Hamilton.
-Dan Ruffner

#1840  by ToledoTerminalRy

My Vote:

Stanley/Walbridge

You can almost always see something moving in the yard(s) here. CSX, usually x-CR, some foreign power, but rarely NS. Second i'd say Vickers by far. I live real close to there, and work in Fostoria (now, yay!) so I visit Fostoria quite frequently, and usually I dont find it very exciting, although I do have to say when Fostoria rocks its rocks.

Ryan

#2262  by P928

I always look forward to going to Marion!
 #4101  by nick plate

Marion gets my vote, too.

#4253  by zwsplac

I agree. If I could pick just one place to watch trains in Ohio, Marion would be it.

#4497  by MC8000

Marion hands down.

#4719  by railohio

What's the big deal with Marion? The photo opptrotunities are almost non-existant and it's constantly overun with foamers. I just don't see why it's a popular spot...
 #4732  by ErieLackawannaC425

Marion is pretty awesome.

#4776  by matt

Vickers is often seen as unfavorable for the same reasons as Marion, not much else around other than the trains. That's enough for me, however, which is why I voted Fostoria.

#4792  by railohio

Fostoria is much worse than Vickers. I never see anyone around Vickers anymore; most are too afraid of being arrested, I'd wager. First nice weekend in Fostoria though and there were probably 30 railfan cars floating around town. You couldn't get anywhere in town without running into another railfan. The utility parking lot at Columbus Ave. would be empty until something came east off one of the connectors and a half dozen cars would zip in there, an army of railfans would jump out, shoot some photos, and leave. It seemed there was always a crowd at the NS/C&O diamond, Poplar Street, and the Amtrak station. I spent most of my time running between Bascom and Ilers to catch most of the action and skipping anything that didn't come east of town.