Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley Type 3 Station list

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1331087  by nydepot

Not too much more than the original post.

Type 3:

Gilbert
Henrietta
Alpine
Burdett
Kendaia
Lodi
Manchester
Odessa
Phelps
East Rush
Rush
Lima
Hector
Cayuta
Rochester Jct (1st)
Caywood

It would be nice yo have a list of each kind.
 #1331252  by scottychaos

Thanks Charles!
here is an updated list:

Type 1:
Batavia NY

Type 3:
Alpine NY
Burdett NY (still standing, original location.)
Cayuta NY
Caywood NY
East Rush NY
Gilbert NY
Henrietta NY
Hector NY
Kendaia NY
Lima NY
Lodi NY
Manchester NY
Odessa NY
Phelps NY
Rochester Junction (1st station)
Rush NY

Unknown type:

Caledonia NY
Clifton Springs NY
Depew NY
Farmington NY
Mendon NY
Noxen PA (still standing)
P&L Junction (still standing, moved)
Yale NY
Williamsville NY (still standing, original location.)

Still some questions:

1. Were there two different stations for Caledonia and P&L junction? or only one?
2. Was the Yale station separate from Kendaia? (probably, but not 100% confirmed)
3. Rush and East Rush? two different stations?

4a. Was the Lima station originally the 1st Rochester Junction depot? later moved to Lima?
or:
4b. Was the 1st Rochester Junction depot converted to the Rochester Junction freight house? (in which case it wouldnt be the Lima station)
or:
4c. Was the Rochester Junction freight house built new as a freight house, but to the "type 3" plan?
(in which case there could have been a Rochester Junction Type 3 depot, moved to Lima, *and* a Rochester Junction freight house - two separate structures.)

5. Farmington NY? a type 1, 2 or 3?

thanks,
Scot
 #1521958  by JRichter

Thanks! This great photo by Victor NY historian, J. Sheldon Fisher 1907-2002. Was this a unique style for LV? Were there any others like it in the system?
 #1534357  by mfp

From what I've gathered in this discussion, the P&L Junction depot was not a type 3. I wondered about this based on the lack of dormers on the structure. Did it have dormers at some point? Were the dimensions close to a Type 3? I ask because it will be the subject of an upcoming modeling project.
 #1534360  by CPSmith

This photo of the North LeRoy station was forwarded to me by one of the gentlemen in the VHT organization. Not sure if this is the correct forum, but since we're talking LV stations…

The photo was part of a 2011 article in the Leroy Pennysaver. I have a copy of that also, but it may be too large a file to attach.
Attachments:
IMG_2284 (1).jpg
IMG_2284 (1).jpg (84.03 KiB) Viewed 1722 times