Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley Survivors

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#200741  by scottychaos

its 2006! :P
The LV survivors list was started in 2003.

I make changes to an individual locomotive's status as I hear news about changes, but I thought the beginning of 2006 might be a good opportunity to look for some big, overall status updates..

for example, are all of the GP38-2's still operating with CP?
are all the C420's still running on the A&M?
that kind of thing..

please take a look at the LV survivors list:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~scottychaos ... tives.html
if you have personal knowledge about any of these locomotives, and know for certain that specific engines are or are not still operating, or they have moved, or any such thing like that, please let me know so the list can stay up to date! :P

thanks for your help..
Scot

#201138  by GOLDEN-ARM

Scot, I wish I had the time, and resources you do!!! I will be watching your pages for updates, and whenever I get out of this Godforsaken hole of a town, I will peruse my info, and see what I can offer. Keep up the good work, and keep on "flyin' the flag" <LV> Regards :wink:
 #202075  by SRS125

scottychaos wrote:its 2006! :P
The LV survivors list was started in 2003.

I make changes to an individual locomotive's status as I hear news about changes, but I thought the beginning of 2006 might be a good opportunity to look for some big, overall status updates..

for example, are all of the GP38-2's still operating with CP?
are all the C420's still running on the A&M?
that kind of thing..

please take a look at the LV survivors list:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~scottychaos ... tives.html
if you have personal knowledge about any of these locomotives, and know for certain that specific engines are or are not still operating, or they have moved, or any such thing like that, please let me know so the list can stay up to date! :P

thanks for your help..
Scot
All of the GP38's are still ruing for CP Rail and D&H got a few pics of 1 in Smiths Falls, Ontario Canada and 2 in North Bay, Ontario Canada siting out side of the Ontario Northland Shops. Saw 1 of them at the Port of Albany docks about 2 years ago still in D&H liveley.
 #206480  by D&HRailnut

Two of the former LeHigh Valley GP38-2's that were aquired by the D&H in 1976 were scrapped after being involved in a derailment in Nineveh in 1993.

LVRR / D&H / GUILFORD
316 / 7316 / 222

321 / 7321 / 227

The rest of the engines are all still in service.

The 7303, 7304 and 7312 are the only units however still wearing D&H paint.

My opinion is CP should paint all of them back to the blue and gray lightning stripes paint scheme, Label them as they were Delaware and Hudson, but put somewhere on the engine that they are a part of the Canadian Pacific Rail System. Again, just my opinon.

Joe O'Mara

#206535  by SRS125

I rember seeing a D&H Unit in North Bay, Ontario, Canada about 10 years ago with Delawere & Hudson in French-Canadian down on one side and English on the outher can anyone confirm if such a unit was done with english on one side and French on the outher? As far as I could tell the unit was in a fresh D&H paint sceam.

#208900  by IRN750

The 510 may be living out her last days I believe it will be cut up for scrap soon. It is located at Annville PA on the Wimmpy Stone Quarry They just finished scrapping another engine there which was coupled to the 510.

#208956  by scottychaos

IRN750 wrote:The 510 may be living out her last days I believe it will be cut up for scrap soon. It is located at Annville PA on the Wimmpy Stone Quarry They just finished scrapping another engine there which was coupled to the 510.
yeah, several people have been keeping an eye on 510.
as far as I know, she isnt gone yet..but it doesnt look good. :(

she was scheduled to be scrapped around the first of the year..but then the process stopped for some unknown reason.

"IRN750",
please keep an eye on it if you can!
thanks,
scot

#209132  by Aji-tater

Why is Wimpey scrapping locos? Are the locos themselves shot or is the quarry shut down or not using rail? It might be worth a call to see what they'd take for it.

#209159  by scottychaos

PRRGuy wrote:Any chance for preservation? along with that U-boat.
I dont know of anyone who wants it. :(
I have saturated the internet with the LV survivors list..
RYPN.org
ARHS forum
etc..
the word has been out for years that there are several LV locos that are available for preservation..the only group to actively pursue one so far is the Sayre Historical Society..they are preserving one of the 12 LV U-boats..
I cant think of any group who would want a beat-up old U-boat..
I would rather see LV SW1 112 preserved before another of the U-boats.
although if someone wanted to preserve and display a *second* LV U-boat I certaintly wouldnt complain! :P

I will re-post the news of 510 on both RYPN and the ARHS yahoo forum..if anyone knows of anyother groups or forums, post away!

Aji-tater wrote:Why is Wimpey scrapping locos? Are the locos themselves shot or is the quarry shut down or not using rail? It might be worth a call to see what they'd take for it.
Wimpy is still running..they got another U-boat and a B23-7..they probably retired 510 just because her time had come..

Scot

#209327  by calorosome

I've been around this country and have seen quite a few private residences with various RR artifacts like cabooses, even some hotels or restaurants use them. henry6 knows this great restaurant with a steel dining car for the dining space.

Never seen a RR locomotive in a back yard though...

#209426  by sallenparks

Someone has an fully working F7 in there basement and I mean the real deal.I saw it on a special on TV a little while ago.Truth is stranger than fiction.

#209632  by calorosome

OK, *THAT* I would like to see. How did the F7 get in the basement? Similar to the Union Station accident? Left at the front door, through the kitchen, down the stairs?

#209914  by sallenparks

Nope it sat in his backyard then when he and his wife built their new home it was built over top of the F7.