Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley "What-ifs"

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#550642  by Lehighton_Man

Uh Oh, here we go again, im at it again!! haha.
This thread is here for you guys to see what i think a Modern Lehigh would be Powered by. Of course, im still creating many more, so i'll update it ever so often. And Scott, if you feel the need, slap one up! your photoshopping is amazing, so... Just put em up partner!
Here they Are:
LV SD70ACe :
SD70M:
SD40-2
I can do some GE's later on, if thats what ya'll want to see :D
Cheers.
Sean
 #551227  by scottychaos

Sean,
those look cool! :)

hmmmm..
what about the "Cornell Red 3-stripe scheme":

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/lv500.jpg

as applied to a modern widecab?
it was originally designed for cab units..and the stripes could curve down onto the nose of a widecab
fairly nicely..

Scot
 #552650  by Lehighton_Man

I see the SD40-2W you got there Nova, very nice.
As for those stripes, Scotty, you got my mind working!
Brain storm!
Since i havent made a GE yet... lets see....
What would you guys prefer:(even thought they all look the friggin same :P)
AC4400CW
ES44DC(/AC)
C44-9W
AC6000CW
C40-8W
Pick 1(or 2)
Cheers.
Sean
 #553564  by GOLDEN-ARM

Would I be the only one that would "imagine" that the six axled locos would continue in the 600 series? That nova55 offering looks pretty "tight". Woulda liked to see the stripes drop down on the nose though.......... :-D
 #554613  by Lehighton_Man

yes, they continued in the 600s with C630s, then the first batch of SD70Ms were in the latter 600s. then other units built up, to the point where the ACe's became 800s. i'll look into the C32-8(or was it 7?) but, i'd prefer a widenose unit to do traditional stripes on.
Cheers,
Sean