Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley mileposts

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1446091  by MP366

Generally, LV mileposts were squares turned onto one point(I hesitate to say diamonds)with the mile cut into the the steel...but I was scanning some ONCT slides and found this shot of "A 365" in Farmington. In further research, I've found mileposts/markers with A, E and I. Does anybody know what these alpha-numeric mile markers implied? Thanks in advance

https://www.flickr.com/photos/duncanric ... ateposted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1446113  by lvrr325

The only thing I'm aware of is bridges were marked by signs with milepost and letter.
 #1446439  by BR&P

lvrr325 wrote:The only thing I'm aware of is bridges were marked by signs with milepost and letter.
I think that's the answer.

Where is the pic? Almost appears to be coming out of the Ryan spur, and IIRC there was a good sized culvert right near the turnout. And that would have been within the 365 mile.
 #1446504  by lvrr325

The only issue with it is I thought that, say the first bridge within a mile would be 365 A, then 365 B, etc. I could see getting to E, but I?