Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley Leaves Hornell

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1576764  by nydepot

I happened upon this snippet while searching for a family article. Recall the LV had trackage rights on the Erie from Waverly to Buffalo. The Buffalo line is done and it's time to head to Manchester.

From the Hornellsville Evening Tribune September 2, 1892.
9-2-1892 Hornell Tribune.png
9-2-1892 Hornell Tribune.png (108.29 KiB) Viewed 771 times
 #1576872  by ExCon90

nydepot wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:55 am I happened upon this snippet while searching for a family article. Recall the LV had trackage rights on the Erie from Waverly to Buffalo. The Buffalo line is done and it's time to head to Manchester.

From the Hornellsville Evening Tribune September 2, 1892.

9-2-1892 Hornell Tribune.png
Erie public timetables of the 1930's and -40's showed Lehigh Valley Terminal in Buffalo. Is there a backstory to that?
 #1576881  by nydepot

Not sure what you are asking. With the completion of the LV from Sayre to Buffalo in the 1890s, they then built a terminal in Buffalo. So, yes, by the 1930s and 40s, there would still be a station.
 #1576932  by ExCon90

I was puzzled by the fact that the Erie showed as using the Lehigh Valley Terminal instead of a station of their own, since they got to Buffalo first. Maybe the Erie liked the new LV station better than their own and arranged for trackage rights?