Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley 1000 - club/coach

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#777245  by scottychaos

PassRailSavesFuel wrote:Just one question, did any of the parts get saved. Light fixtures, stove, or hat rackes etc? If they did go to the junk yard, I bet the stove might have been kept by the dealer.
I dont know..
but I doubt any original fixtures remained in the car anyway..
probably all were removed decades ago..

I think the car was fairly well gutted long before it was scrapped..

Scot
 #778078  by Otto Vondrak

PassRailSavesFuel wrote:Just one question, did any of the parts get saved. Light fixtures, stove, or hat rackes etc? If they did go to the junk yard, I bet the stove might have been kept by the dealer.
Please don't think that anyone allowed a museum exhibit to go to waste... this car was a shell and was going to need some extensive work to be brought back to life. Anything of value like you describe was removed a long, long time ago.