Railroad Forums 

• Lawrence Brown MEC video

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#56402  by Richard Glueck

I just got a look at the Lawrence Brown video of MEC operations from 1935 until 1985! Wow! Excellent footage of MEC steam operations, a huge variety of locomotives, and wonderful footage of the 470 going onto her plinth while still under steam.
Is this video still out there for purchase? Is Mr. Brown still amongst the quick?

If you haven't seen this video, it is wholley worth the price, time, and effort to get it.

#56425  by bml1149

Hi Richard,
I'm sorry to say that Brownie is no longer with us. He passed away over a year ago. He sure took some good footage, didn't he. I don't know if someone owns the rights to his tape or not. I'll try to find out. I also have another tape titled "Steam trains in Maine" filmed by Wendall Lewis who still lives in Rockland the last I knew. Mr. Lewis was an operator for the Maine Central and shot 8mm movies like Brownie did and transfered them onto VHS. One man can make a big difference in preserving history and we can be thankful to these men for giving us a window to the past.
LF

#56773  by Richard Glueck

Perhaps Mr. Brown is with his beloved locomotives. One could only hope so.
Still working to get the Waterville City Council to convene a meeting of those people who signed up to save the 470. I'm sure you'll be notified when the time comes. Not too long, I hope.

I want to start working on solid plans over the Winter, and hopefully begin a capital campaign in early Spring.