Railroad Forums 

• Langhorne Turntable

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#429450  by m2116x6

An 1891 map titled Property along the N. Penna. Bound Brook & Penna Railroads shows a turntable in Langhorne. The 2nd & 3rd tracks in the yard across from the station join together just before the turntable.

Historic Langhorne Association, where this map resides and I volunteer, does not have any further information or photos of a turntable ever existing there.

Was there ever a turntable in the Langhorne Freight Yard?

Thanks,
Jim

#429525  by JimBoylan

I think I have the original of the same plan you saw, and that's all I know of the subject.