Railroad Forums 

• Lance Campeau's Railfan Jam 2010

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#856894  by NeoArashi

If you often go on youtube to watch trains video, especially videos of VIA and CN, you probably heard of this guy. Lance Campeau is among the most popular and best railfaner of Canada, and definitely the best railfanner of the province of Québec (where I live) On may 2010, he started a project called the Railfan Jam''. What he basicly wants is to gather as many people as possible to railfan together for a day. HOwever, due to some other project he had, his Railfan Jam project, which was to occur someday this summer was canceled. BUT about 9 days ago, he came back with the project, and stated that he would do this project this fall.

If you have the time and money to go to Montreal for at least a day (which is TBA for now) Click on this link to watch the latest video he made. Lance is open to any suggestion reguarding this project.

Also, if any of you live in, or near Quebec city, and want to participate in this project, I'd appreciate a lift there (don't worry, I'm not a cheap guy, I'll pay half the price of the gas used :wink: )

If you have no youtube account, then post your suggestion here, I will copy/Paste them in his comment boxes (and credit you for the suggestions as well)
 #862320  by Montrealrail

I already meet personnaly Lance Campeau,a very nice guy.I did some shot once with him at Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue train station,but we have been fired by some AMT security agent from the plat form,atfer that thing,I made a small battle againts AMT for taking pictures and video on their platforms...

now,railfans are allowed,but we need to get a valid ticket un us to be able to be on the platform,depending of the zone where we are..
NeoArashi wrote:If you have the time and money to go to Montreal for at least a day (which is TBA for now) Click on this link to watch the latest video he made. Lance is open to any suggestion reguarding this project.

Also, if any of you live in, or near Quebec city, and want to participate in this project, I'd appreciate a lift there (don't worry, I'm not a cheap guy, I'll pay half the price of the gas used :wink: )

I'm living in Montreal and had the chance to go few times at Quebec city to do pictures with friend of mine,cause I have no car,not even a driving permit,but I pay for the gas and I can get chance to go at thee kind of place,last summer,I went to Toronto,I saw bayview-Junction for the first time,and a lot of blue-jays flying around.. :-D :-D

great place to see in Quebec area is Henry V QGRY yard and CN Joffre yard,where 2 old GT hi nose locomotive are sitting in..
heres some pics of Quebec area

Ste-Foy VIA train station

Not far from there,Cap-Rouge tresstle

Henry-V Quebec & Gatineau railway yard

Joffre CN yard

By the 173,west area of Valley Junction,an hour from Quebec city,the Quebec-Central railway,inactive actually)