Railroad Forums 

• Lackawanna F3s

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1269975  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Yesterday I ventured up to Slateford Jct. to see the ARHS Lackawanna F3s that were dropped off by the D&L. The Fs were on their way to a show down south. Forgive me for not being "in the loop" but I forget where this is at. Anyway,I got there around 1pm and the place was crawling with railfans.NS light power showed up around 1:30-1:45. I went to Portland and the former DL&W station. There was only me and another guy there. Waited until 3:30 and had to leave. Came back up around 5pm ( following the old B&P) and saw nothing . Here to find out, they had not left yet. At about 5:30 or so they finally brought the Fs east on the old main then to the B&P.
NS left D&L's empites at Slateford and the loads at Portland and headed to Martin's Creek with the Fs. The D&L was at Slateford with 5 (!) different Alco units ,including CNJ RS 3 #1554 and LV C420. They ended up tying down and as of 9 this morning they were still tied down. Don't know when they will leave but the west bound trip should be a chaser for the LV unit on the point and CNJ unit third back.Wish I could do it but I can't.