Railroad Forums 

• Kleet Lumber

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1500780  by mainline

Have noticed the last couple of weeks no deliveries on Saturday.
Anyone know what day during the week.

Bill
 #1500808  by NYR2218

mainline wrote:Have noticed the last couple of weeks no deliveries on Saturday.
Anyone know what day during the week.

Bill
I think Wednesday.
 #1500821  by Teutobergerwald

Passed by there yesterday. Four loaded centerbeams and a boxcar spotted for unloading.
 #1500879  by mainline

I stopped by Saturday and they were closed and the cars were there. I was thinking Friday delivery.
Rumors of cars going to BRT maybe they should run M-W-F like the old days. Riverhead Building supply probably won’t be a customer.

Bill
 #1501283  by mainline

Today RS 40 stopped Duke and then headed west after the 12:14 westbound. Did not stop at Kleet. Not sure if the Boxcar is still loaded but there were three empty centerbeams at Kleet. 156,159 and four centerbeams.

Bill
 #1501288  by Teutobergerwald

I saw that train, too. Mix-up with Kleet as to when to drop them off ? Where did they take them? Leave them at Hicksville Yard until Kleet is ready for them?
 #1501306  by mainline

I caught them at Greenlawn station and Syosset-Westbury rd RR crossing. Since they did not stop
Missed the Cold Spring Harbor shot.

Bill
 #1501341  by LINYARailfan

Will NYA be switching kleet this Saturday February 23rd and the following Saturday March 2nd or are they switching them during the week for the next two weeks because of the 2nd track construction?
 #1501569  by Teutobergerwald

Or would NYA have dropped those centerbeams at the Huntington team track, so Kleet could send a truck or two and some laborers to unload there and then take the 5 minute ride back down the street to Kleet itself, instead of taking them to Hicksville Yard until the next time RS40 was going to serve Kleet ????
 #1502033  by rr503

mainline wrote:I caught them at Greenlawn station and Syosset-Westbury rd RR crossing. Since they did not stop
Missed the Cold Spring Harbor shot.

Bill
Why were they in Greenlawn?
 #1502146  by mainline

Just passing thru the station. They were following the westbound.

Bill
 #1502417  by rr503

I guess my question is more why were they anywhere east of Huntington? Was it just convenient to have them hold in the clear at Greenlawn?
 #1502427  by NYR2218

rr503 wrote:I guess my question is more why were they anywhere east of Huntington? Was it just convenient to have them hold in the clear at Greenlawn?
They had to switch the engines around from the west side to east at Duke interlocking, just west of the Northport Station.
 #1502648  by freightguy

There was still two loaded A frame center beam lumber cars at Kleet today 3/05/2019.
 #1502656  by Teutobergerwald

And an empty center beam at the bumper end of the spur visible from Park Ave, when I passed by around 3:30 this afternoon. I've been told after NYA spots the loads, Kleet uses it's forklifts to push the centerbeams and boxcars to the spur that goes into the yard itself.