Railroad Forums 

• Kansas Oklahoma and Gulf

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#218687  by riffian

Looking for info on the KO&G with a resounding lack of success. Nothing in print or on the internet. Interested in steam roster and post-war operations. I know they had two Mikes built new during WWII, but nothing more than that. Any info greatly appreciated.

Bill Root
 #230759  by atlpete

The K O & G was part of the Muskogee Lines group that also included the Midland Valley, OK City-Ada-Atoka Rwys and some other smaller properties. The line came under control of the T&P and in turn MP, giving them access to the state as it neither of it's own in Oklahoma prior to the acquisition. Most of the K O & G trackage I believe was abandoned when UP acquired the Katy with it's largely parallel north-south main through the state. I can understand your frustration with locating info on the line given the paucity of references and the size and scope of the road in general, it is obscure.
follow below link to Muskogee Lines page of MPHS
http://www.mopac.org/history_muskogeelines.asp

#255722  by atlpete

July 2006 issue of Trains Magazine has in its "Ask Trains" section a nice three paragraph description detailing route composition and history of the Muskogee Lnes with a bonus photo of one of KO&G 's six F-7s in blue and gray MP scheme with Muskogee Lines herald.

#255843  by umtrr-author

I can get you some Official Railway Equipment Register pages and Official Guide of the Railways references if you don't mind a long cycle time. PM me if you're interested.