Railroad Forums 

• K-Line 4-6-2 steamer

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1122509  by ex Budd man

My K-Line engine has a four pin socket under the cab floor but the tender has an air whistle. The instructions don't mention this socket. Can anyone shed some light on this? :-(
 #1123582  by ex Budd man

I took the boiler off the frame and discovered the e-reverser board seems to have a sound chip as well as provision for either a back-up headlight or a coil coupler. I think two leads are for a speaker and two for other functions. Any one out there with an idea?
 #1124788  by ex Budd man

The set is K-1225 , Reading Heavy Hauler, purchased at Boscov's. Apparently it is equipped with K-Line's "Real Sounds" digital whistle sound system, but I don't know if it is functional or not.
 #1173487  by RailRide

I'm not sure about the "Real Sounds" system, but I have a regular K-Line 4-6-2 that came with an air whistle and a separate whistle controller box. It won't activate with typical whistle buttons on transformers, something about needing a higher current to activate.

If you repost your question on the O Gauge Railroading forum, (http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/) 3-Rail O-Gauge Trains section, you may get a more definitive answer there (and quicker than here :) )

---PCJ