Railroad Forums 

• Just Took BNSF Conductor test/interview

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#14832  by SteelWheels21

...and I wasn't offered a job. I am mildly surprised because I found the math to be painfully easy and I felt my interview went extremely well. It must have been something in the saftey/personality inventories, but I also felt that I answered these questions well. Has anyone else been in this boat? I have signed up for UP jobs in the near future and don't want to repeat any missteps. Any advice would be greatfully appreciated. I also have some questions:

--is being turned down this early the final word on future opportunities? The letter said that they were unable to place me at this time...does this mean that I will be considered for future similar openings? Will I be able to take the test again?

--I signed up for Conductor Trainee-Five Year Recall on the Northern California Division. Any BNSF guys out there who can tell me a little about the division, where the best (and worst) jobs are on the division, etc...also, why is the Pacific Northwest division unavailable for transfer?

--Just in general, any advice about taking the written portion and/or interviewing for ANY railroad job. BNSF had a HUGE emphasis on safety, and I tried to make sure I hit on that topic repeatedly in my interview. Also, is it true that Railroads don't like to hire people who score too high on these tests, that they want average scores instead?

Thanks for the Help!
SteelWheels in Portland, OR