Railroad Forums 

• June 1

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#128447  by jos699

what do you think is going to happen to conrail when june 1 comes around.I work for conrail in detroit and there are a lot of rumers going around.Any info would help.

#128491  by scottychaos

what is supposed to happen?
what are the options?
havent heard any rumours about anything here on the outside..

Scot

#128676  by AmtrakFan

I have heard that they are going to break it up but I doubt it will happen.
 #128856  by washingtonsecondary

jos699 wrote:what do you think is going to happen to conrail when june 1 comes around.I work for conrail in detroit and there are a lot of rumers going around.Any info would help.
Intresting that a "railroad employee" is coming to a rail fan message board to ask us about rumors.

#128906  by SRS125

I have had a few friends who work for CSX who are former Conrail emploees they ask me questions that I don't know anything about eather. I think there being left in the dark and figure that sents were lerking about in the shaddows we the railfans pick up things that the railroad won't tell there people. Sometimes we know... some times we don't.

#128991  by TerryC

What do you mean break it up? Is Conrail Shared Assets going to be sold to a shortline? OR, even better, is the merger going to break up and Conrail will rise from the dead?

Welcome to the forum jos699.

Keep Searching Keep Finding
 #129088  by crazy_nip

jos699 wrote:what do you think is going to happen to conrail when june 1 comes around.I work for conrail in detroit and there are a lot of rumers going around.Any info would help.
this may not be earth shattering news, but when June 1 comes around, it will no longer be May.

It will then be June.

Its the first day of a new month.

sorry I have held out this info for so long, but there you have it...
 #129089  by crazy_nip

washingtonsecondary wrote:Intresting that a "railroad employee" is coming to a rail fan message board to ask us about rumors.
indeed...

#129687  by washingtonsecondary

Not that I like to share in rumor mongering. But I've always heard that CSAO would be eventually absorbed into CSX and NS. I'm not sure how the division would take place, maybe along that 58% to 42% ownership line. Who knows...

#129716  by SRS125

I asked passed the same question on to a friend of mine who is a former Conrail emploee now working under CSX. He heard the same thing about the Michigan Operations He told me that hes is in the dark like everyone else on this subject so anyones guess is just as good as any.

So heres a possable guess maybe the State of Michigan will buy out that part of the CASO like they did the Ann Arbor Railroad from Conrail back in the 70's?

#136046  by Noel Weaver

Otto Vondrak wrote:Well, June 1 came and went? What did I miss?

-otto-
We tore another page off the 2005 calendar. :wink: