Railroad Forums 

• Josh Turner - Long Black Train

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#2374  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

If you are a country music fan, you probalay have heard of Josh Turner before, and if your a train buff, your in for a treat!

His music video fetures Tenessesse Valley # 610.

The "Long Black Train" is to repasent Temptaion... and the choice of riding or not.

Hope you get to see it. It is doing well on the charts.
 #2591  by bill haithcoat

I have seen that video, and enjoy it. What is the passenger equipment, is it Tennessee Valley R.R.Museum,perhaps? Also, where was it shot?

#2633  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Bill,

I do think it is TVSR Equipment and trackage.

#7780  by wess

If you remember. Please post the link, if you get a chance. I,d like to watch it again :D
joe

#8779  by NIMBYkiller

I love the song and the video! As a bigtime Randy Travis fan, this guy is like a blessing for country music IMO.

Oh, just wondering, is that an RDC they've got in that video. Ya know, the part where they are filming the train go by from the ground, and you see a car with a striped end....

#9474  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Think it just the end of a coach...

#258688  by Ron Newman

I love the song and the video, but Operation Lifesaver was not very happy. They issued this press release asking country music stations to stop showing it, fearing that it would encourage suicides on the tracks.

#284313  by bill haithcoat

NIMBYkiller wrote:I love the song and the video! As a bigtime Randy Travis fan, this guy is like a blessing for country music IMO.

Oh, just wondering, is that an RDC they've got in that video. Ya know, the part where they are filming the train go by from the ground, and you see a car with a striped end....
Yeah, I know, I am over two years late in answering this...but better late than never. I think it IS an RDC because TVRM does have three of them. I saw that video again a few days ago---after not seeing it for a long time--- and I would go for a "yes"answer.