Railroad Forums 

• JOLIET, IL

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#769994  by CSU

Any news on the UP Intermodal in Joliet, IL? I am curious to know what seniority roster will fill these jobs, and how many jobs this will create. Is there any sign UP will be calling anyone back on E1 GALENA NORTHERN seniority roster? 143 people still in FG.
 #771019  by qboy

Global IV opens in July. At this point. Don't know who will get the yard work most likely Raillink. Road work some might go to Ft. Madison some may come to E1 don't know yet. Unless traffic picks up greatly don't see a huge rise in call backs. May be later in the year or next. Especially for those that hired late 07 and 08 may be much longer. Its anyones guess right now.
 #774446  by CSU

I went to the meeting for FG employees. They said the yard work will most likely be contracted out. They plan on calling back 100 employees by the end of the year and they are going to give some of the people that are FG the option to transfer into the yard. Global 4 is supposed to open in September now. We will see what the Union says about those jobs going to Rail Link...The Up tried to do the same thing at Global 3 and we all know what happened there. I sure hope those jobs come to the E1 guys. That would help out a bunch. If they can call back 100 guys by the end of the year I should be able to return to work but no one can look that far into the future so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.