Railroad Forums 

• Jay, are you still an NYA employee?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #599626  by The Tenth Legion

Jay:
Hey bro. How are you? I hope all is well. Anyway, are you still an NYA employee? Forgive me for being so forward, and perhaps blowing up your spot, but some of your answers to questions on this NYA forum don't seem to be in line party dogma......If you want, contact me off-line. Take care, bro. Thanks in advance........
 #599635  by jayrmli

No, I do not work for them anymore - haven't for about 1 year. Wouldn't matter if I did still work for them or I didn't, I'd still speak the truth. First and foremost, I'm an American - and that constitution says I can speak freely, so long as you don't slander anyone. As long as you speak the truth, you don't have to worry about it.

Jay
 #599710  by Sir Ray

Hmm, there used to be a number of NY&A employee posters on this fourm (several with their own interesting quirks :P )...do we still have any active employees on this forum?
It's bee noted how quiet this forum has been (over the past few years), but I note on at least one other LIRR message board (some post both there and here as well, sometimes the same question) not much on NY&A either - such a contrast to years back when there was lots of interest...
 #606395  by wasKFC

jayrmli wrote:There may be one or two, and some ex-employees that lurk but don't post much.Jay
Yeah.

In the RR.net heyday, many employees posted. Management knew about the practice but appeared unconcerned... until around the time NYA was involved in moving cocaine in tank cars. Board discussions on this subject were embarassing to the company, and the word was put out informally (hinted, not in writing) to clam up or else. One member of the management team (the one who posted prodigiously!) mentioned possible procecution to me. (Of course, that would be a really thin case, but thin cases cost money to defend too... and threats of this kind have an extra weight when they come from your employer).

So there's that. Then there were posters who objected to the "inside" comments and what they would characterise as employee bitching and moaning. So the "fun" posts from the "crazies" have come down to a trickle.

But, yeah. Good times, while they lasted.

Your pal,

Was KFC, formerly KFC Jones, formerly Gruntled, formerly Disgruntled, I think that's it...