Railroad Forums 

• Jamaica-Mineola service suspension & the NYA

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #571283  by The Tenth Legion

Did NYA run from Pine-Aire to Bethpage and then run the power around the train and go down the Central Branch to Babylon, and then run around the train again and head west to Fresh Pond via the South Shore branch, and vice-versa to bring out the cut of loaded gravel hoppers that was at Pine Aire on Saturday and Sunday morning, but which was gone Sunday afternoon around 5 pm when I crossed over N/B on the Sagtikos Pkwy? Going to work Saturday morning there was a monster train of assorted rolling stock, but it was gone Saturday evening when I passed over. Thanks.
 #571356  by RPM2Night

If they did any kind of move to use the central branch to get to Babylon and go west from there down the Montauk branch, they probably double ended their train. There aren't any crossovers near bethpage other than the ones in Beth interlocking. They'd have a long way to go to run around their train. Unless they'd run their train all the way to Divide and run around it there.
 #571682  by vin5581

Yes the one just west of Wellwood ave in North Lindenhurst. There is a siding there with a few spurs that come off of it. Only one of the spurs is used and I think it is used by the beverage distributor there. If you know more about it, fill me in. I have been traveling the area in the past few days looking into the rail sidings in the area. Although it is difficult to do so while trying not to tresspass on LIRR right of way, it is very interesting to see all the old unused sidings.