• Is NS any better about discipline since TONY INGRAM left?

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by CSX-COAL HAULER

Since the famous hatchet man has come to CSX it seems the punishments are getting more harsh----------has it gotten any better on the NS since his dearture? :-D

by CSX-COAL HAULER

I guess no body knows who Tony Ingram is? Hahaha :P

by braves2905

the Anti-Christ
  by Off Pending

CSX-COAL HAULER wrote:Since the famous hatchet man has come to CSX it seems the punishments are getting more harsh----------has it gotten any better on the NS since his dearture? :-D
Not really ... a stop signal violation on NS now results in a dismissal and being left to the mercy of the arbirtration process ... even if you have a clean record.
  by Bluegardenia

Like any large corporation or political force, NS uses words as a virus to spread its disease. In 2007 they plan on calling infractions purposeful (or whatever) and dismiss people outright. Happy New Year
  by SooLineRob

Bluegardenia wrote:In 2007 they plan on calling infractions purposeful (or whatever) and dismiss people outright.
Purposeful, willful, intentional, etc.. With that kind of mindset, every rule infraction will fall into this catch-all category! Kinda like "...all accidents are preventable..."

My favorite one was a minor, non-FRA reportable rear-end collision at restricted speed. Not only was the Restricted Speed rule violated, but the carrier cited "speeding" as the dismissable offense. Since the guy should have been able to stop "...in half the range of vision..." and his speed should have been 0MPH immediately before the collision, he was "speeding" by colliding at 6 MPH... and the Conductor was fired also because he didn't pull the Emergency Brake handle while "speeding" more than 5MPH over the "speed limit" of zero!
  by CSX Conductor

Off Pending wrote:
CSX-COAL HAULER wrote:Since the famous hatchet man has come to CSX it seems the punishments are getting more harsh----------has it gotten any better on the NS since his dearture? :-D
Not really ... a stop signal violation on NS now results in a dismissal and being left to the mercy of the arbirtration process ... even if you have a clean record.
And judging by your screen-name, I assume you are awaiting the arbitration process. :(
  by Off Pending

CSX Conductor wrote:
Off Pending wrote:
And judging by your screen-name, I assume you are awaiting the arbitration process. :(
Nope ... thankfully. :-)

by Nickelplated Hustler

What else is ne. thay make life hard for everyone in the company except the executives.

by h81627allegheny

Thank God Imgram is gone and you guys have him! We just got rid of another A$$ named Burgess as well Eastern Regional manager!

Dave

by CSX-COAL HAULER

Yeah----I believe that Burgess guy is starting next week at CSX.

by h81627allegheny

Watch out! You think Ingram was bad this guy is even worse!

Dave

by SOU2645

Burgess is still with NS. He was demoted to GA Division superintendant

by GE-RULES

SOU2645 wrote:Burgess is still with NS. He was demoted to GA Division superintendent
Guess that's what happens when you falsify injuries on the division...
  by amtrakhogger

Don't send any of those guys here!