Railroad Forums 

• Is new york & atlantic hiring soon?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #204206  by Kcoop55

Hello

Question for all you guys that work for the NY & A: first are you hiring soon, second i have a slight addiction to crack. i am in a rehab program right now 3 days a week, but I can't seem to stay true to it. i heard that one of the NY & A guys is having trouble too. I guess managment is cool with guys that can't give up their vices. would you guys think i have a shot at getting hired? i have plenty of mechanical experience and take the job seriously. i mean, if they hired other guys that have drug problems why wouldnt they consider me? would the NY & A training program fit my shedule? i have rehab meetings on Mon, Tues and Thurs night, so my NY &A training would have to be on other nights. Please guys this is no joke so dont get offended, i am serious about the job and im very excited to possibly work with new people who are like me. maybe we can share stories

Khalil Cooper

#204261  by Legio X

I think Khalil got collared today in the 105 for trespassing in Queens Village Yard and attempting to ransack the tool sheds.....

#204392  by Knife-Switch

As we say on the Bushwick Branch....."GET OFF THE CRACK, SON!!!!!!"

Here's another hint if they do hire ya......don't use a fusee to light your crack-pipe.....

#204924  by Sir Ray

So, are those real burn wounds on that red guy, or some sort of joke?

#276231  by Fla East Coast Chris

I wonder if anyone on that part of the Railroad would be a good operator trainee
Last edited by Fla East Coast Chris on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#276295  by Fla East Coast Chris

I wonder if anyone on that branch would be considered as a operator trainee

#313150  by INFORMER

I don't see what harm a little crack smoking could do. I know for a fact that they hire rodents.

#442246  by freightguy

I would put in a resume as soon as possible. It may take awhile, but u might get called! Usually they hire brakeman off the street...