Railroad Forums 

• Is CSX going to sell?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#120785  by LCJ

yeah yeah yeah...yawn.

and your point is?

#120795  by crazy_nip

LCJ wrote:yeah yeah yeah...yawn.

and your point is?
my point is that corporations cannot pay for people to sit around and learn

out in the real world there are things called "internships" and "fellowships" that people learn by

alot of them dont pay at all, some pay very little comparatively, and most dont have benefits

why should the railroads bankroll a position solely for training?

especially when that position (firemen) is not needed anymore (IE: no coal to shovel, etc)

that is why its gone, the fact that it was kept around so long is because the unions (specifically the BLE) was arrogant and uncompromising

same thing with the brakemen and flagmen on road trains

#120796  by crazy_nip

LCJ wrote:and your point is?
specifically my point is you and noel weaver are ignorant

#120810  by LCJ

Now you've gone and hurt my feelings.

#120829  by AmtrakFan

Mr. Nip,
Mr. Weaver has brought up many valid points in this discussion. I have believed the fireman was a good idea to train future Locomotive enginners. The 1970's bankruptcy had to do with the poor economy and other things. LCJ you have made many good points in this thread.
Last edited by AmtrakFan on Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#120832  by AmtrakFan

Where is the moderation on this thread?

#120930  by Robert Paniagua

I think this topic ought to be closed. Charlie already told others to cut out the flames, but they are ignoring him, so I feel this thread should be closed.

#121178  by charlie6017

AmtrakFan wrote:Where is the moderation on this thread?
Uh..............what do you mean by that remark?? I visit this site and forum on a daily basis. And I do happen to have a job and other things that I devote time to, like family.

This thread has run it's course and will remain locked.....thank you, Otto.

Crazy Nip, if you wish to remain a part of this site, I suggest you stop the flames. When you're not flaming people, you do contribute a good deal. So just cool it.