Railroad Forums 

• Is BF-1 a daily job?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1387134  by bumthum

I'm back home in New Hampshire for a couple weeks and I thought it would be worth a family trip south to see Pan Am operate in Bellows Falls. Rumor Pace (Railpace) seemed to imply (in the December 2015 issue) that BF-1 was a daily operation during the work week, do they also run to Claremont daily or is that only "as needed"? Is Pan Am still doing their business in Bellows Falls around 6pm?
 #1387137  by BostonUrbEx

I don't know the days and times for sure, but I think they run Monday through Friday in tandem with EDBF and usually match up with EDBF each night.
 #1388244  by bumthum

Well, we rolled into North Walpole/Bellows Falls around 1740hrs on 7 June and discovered the BF-1 locomotives idling in the North Walpole yard. We poked around the Bellows Falls station and waiting until around 1840hrs and those locomotives never moved. We didn't see or hear EDBF coming from the south so we had to call it quits because we had three young kids in tow and they grew very impatient. Oh well, I've had little interaction with Guilford/Pan Am in my life and only saw any B&M in it's waning years, from a distance across Lake Mascoma... I was happy to snap a few shots of Guilford painted 380 and a nice looking Pan Am 327, I like GP40s so no harm no foul.