Railroad Forums 

• Is 156 Still Dead?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#164184  by b&p rupture

jayrmli wrote: T&E employees

Just curious for a definition of this term.

No need to be this elaborate though:
Knife-Switch wrote: Main Entry: rhe·tor·i·cal
Pronunciation: ri-'tor-i-k&l, -'tär-
Variant(s): also rhe·tor·ic /ri-'tor-ik, -'tär-/
Function: adjective
1 a : of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected <a rhetorical question>

(LOL at that one K.S.)

#164191  by b&p rupture

DOT wrote:Jesus...still the disgruntled board I see. Sorry I posted the link - everybody close their eyes when the newly painted engines go by, sorry to offend.
DOT wrote:Diagrams removed

Why remove them for a spoil sport or two?
Post them if you want, there will be more who appreciate the effort,(perhaps silently), then those who are critical(and feel the need to bad mouth, so to speak.)

Just my 2 cents. (With regrets I, for one, missed seeing them.)

#164596  by Bdawson266

DOT Got a little upset. Well I am not going to continue this matter on a public forum nor on any other forum because I do not believe I am up on all the little in and outs of the place anymore as I moved on. And I do not think anybody should be really discussing it on this PUBLIC forum because you never know if there is a insider on the watch. All I will say is you need to remember where you came from. Not where you are now! Take that for what you want. :o)

#169623  by SwitchMonkey

I heard from a former Suzie Q Mechanic who shall remain unnamed that the only thing standing between the 156 and mainline service is a coat of paint and an Automatic Speed Control run. This same person also mentioned that the 151 was road worthy, pending receipt of a set of new batteries. Said batteriesx are not held in direct stock by the supplier and are manufactured / obtained / refurbished on an "as ordered" basis.

#173759  by Studly Hungwell

156 is back

#173799  by Scrap em Again

Yep, its back alright, looks like something I puked up last weekend. :wink: It was pressed into service today along with the 159 for the yard jobs. It is partially primed with grey and brown with the old LIRR scheme still showing thru. I guess NYA failed to make "this months payment", so this thing is running around as is. Capisz??

#173953  by jayrmli

Is it brown primer or rust? I remember seeing the nose stripped to bare metal about two weeks ago and getting rusted over.

Jay

#193784  by Mr GP10

Ok Its been a while since we have heard the very latest news about the NYARs MP-15AC # 156. Now is this engine repainted and/or running yet? Will the 2 Ex L&I SW-1200s get repainted as well or is this some kind of experiment? Lets all hope that the MP-15AC # 151 is next........ its looking rather tacky....LOL!!!!

#193844  by jayrmli

Repainted - yes
Running - of course not!

Jay

#193970  by Mr GP10

Does any one have any New pictures of the newly repainted 156 yet?

#194007  by phantom

NO !!!

#194017  by freightguy

You would think it is an F-14 or stealth! It is being hidden in a 3 million dollar hangar. They certainly the right pilot for its mayden voyage just don't sit on his lap too long! :(

#194525  by Mr GP10

Does any one know for sure when the 156 will be "back on the road?" Also had 201 survived would that unit get a repaint as well?

#194570  by Knife-Switch

Will Santa's MOW elves be providing a 21 Kazoo Salute as it rolls down the East Leg with Santa Friday?????

If they don't get those batteries in, it will literally have to ROLL down the east leg. I can see it now...with Santa running behind it...."Aww Dude I tried to stop it but I tripped in Reindeer Sh--"!!!!!

#194802  by phantom

Maybe we'll "assist" with our CP SD40's! It'll be a Christmas train to remember, I can assure you! "Away to WD's!!!"