Railroad Forums 

• Is 156 Still Dead?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#139977  by tushykushy

You won't see her on the main, unless it's a 1-way trip out to Gershow.

#140000  by LIRRNOVA55

9321 is one of the L&I SWs right?

#140080  by Scrap em Again

The L&I's 9321 and 9373 have been on the main west of Fresh Pond to LIC and Yard A. They are capable of being the lead unit also, west of Pond. They are a bit slow on the main, but pull like an ox.

#140250  by Bdawson266

I still cant believe they have not fixed that engine(156)! You know Scrap you always said that engine was the best, well she could not hold up on the 50....She met her match in Crimedanch, maybe she was taking some "Special Stuff" from one of the natives.

#147435  by li7039

saw 155 yester day on the babylon

is 151 and 156 running yet

#156035  by Knife-Switch

THE 156...Its alive!!!! Its Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems they got some HOTSHOT young mechanic from Pacific Harbour Lines to volunteer for a mercy mission to Fresh Pond.

Too bad the kid doesn't know that now that he's here.....

Mohammad at Guantanimo stands a better chance than he does of making it back home.

#156315  by jayrmli

I'm surprised at you Knife Switch. I thought for sure with the reference to the "hot-shot mechanic," a picture of Cooter would have been included!

You let us down this time!

Jay

#156334  by b&p rupture

Knife-Switch wrote:Mohammad at Guantanimo stands a better chance than he does of making it back home.

Club Gitmo the place to go for relief from the daily stress of Jihad

#156716  by mainline

Somebody should give this guy a spray gun! Maybe we can have this rust bucket fleet looking like new soon.

#156744  by SeldenJrFireman

Give me the paint and i'll paint, I need a job anyway. :-D

#160663  by Scrap em Again

A little update on 156, had a chance to get a closer look at the engine today, so here it is, spedometer re-installed, asc components installed, all parts that were stripped over the 3 years were installed, bell, horns etc... It is starting to look like a unit again, even the interior of the cab is being repainted. Still needs seats, and various airbrake inspections since it sat out so long. Those PHL hot-shots figured out the problem with it in less than a day, while our CMO could not in 3 years LOL. Hopefully the 151 and 156 will roll out together in about a year!

#160696  by mainline

Oh you guys install ASC now. Maybe the hot shot can set up some new leased engines in the future.

#160717  by LIRRNOVA55

The day NYA gets new stuff is the day Pigs Fly

#160723  by mainline

It was a joke. I knew I should have put HA,HA at the end.

#160750  by LIRRNOVA55

mainline wrote:It was a joke. I knew I should have put HA,HA at the end.
yes i know that, all in the name of fun!! :P