Railroad Forums 

• interview soon.... new here

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1264507  by bigredchevy

hello everyone,
just joined this site. a bit about me im 23, ive had a class A CDL since i was 18. ive been working in the garbage/roll-off dumpster industry for 3 years and ive been the right hand(only employee) of a family owned trash/dumpster company for 2 of them. i got into driving trucks because it seemed like a good prerequisite for working for the railroad, something ive wanted to do since i was very young. Playing with other peoples trash is fun and all, but its time to step it up. i understand what being a freight conductor is all about, seems like a lot of my work experience is in the same sort of conditions and situations.

ive been invited to a job fair with a genesse & wyoming owned shortline. phone interview seemed to go real good so my question is what should i expect at this job fair? any thougts or comments are appreciated, this interview has been a long time comming, i need this to work.

thanks.
 #1264678  by Thunder

You are always safe, you understand 24/7 call is tough, but you are willing to do it.You are interested in railroading because of the mechanical aspect ( dont come off as a foamer ) and you dont know everything ;) Just be yourself and honest and everything should go well.