Railroad Forums 

• Intermodal to Saint John

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1599508  by rr503

Given how low (by Class 1 standards) manifest traffic levels are, I must say I'm a bit surprised they're planning to split it and IM into two trains. Are they just going to take the avg train length hit? Or tack some IM blocks onto the manifest?
 #1599515  by NHV 669

223-10 was at least 75 wells/150 containers, DPU, and then nearly 80 mixed freight. 132 extra made it to Jackman around the same time 223 hit Greenville.
 #1599522  by CN9634

rr503 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:02 am Given how low (by Class 1 standards) manifest traffic levels are, I must say I'm a bit surprised they're planning to split it and IM into two trains. Are they just going to take the avg train length hit? Or tack some IM blocks onto the manifest?
I would venture a guess that Intermodal originating at Lachine would go on the manifest so that they can focus on Chicago, Toronto and SJ. Just a guess however.