Railroad Forums 

• Interchanges on the L&N Evansville Division

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1511950  by ncstl576

I'm looking into the L&N from Evansville to St. Louis, and I'm trying to figure out what other lines the L&N interchanged with between the two cities. When I asked this question on the Model Railroader forum, the user "dehusman" kindly provided me with this, per the 1953 ORER reprint:
E. St. Louis : TRRA, A&S, MKT, MP, IC, B&O, CRIP, CB&Q, C&EI, NKP, NYC, GM&O, PRR, SOU, WAB

Belleville: IC(via the Southern), SOU

Nashville: MI

Ashley: IC

Woodlawn: CB&Q

Mt. Vernon, IL: C&EI

Enfield: B&O

Carmi: NYC (CCC&StL)

Mt. Vernon: MP

Evansville: C&EI, IC, NYC (CCC&StL), SOU(via C&EI)
If anyone know of any other interchanges here, I'd be happy to hear of them. Also, would the L&N have interchanged directly with all of the various railroads in East St. Louis, or would this have been done via the TRRA or Alton & Southern.

Thanks