Railroad Forums 

• Inspection train in LIC sat. morning

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1245684  by DogBert

Ok so who's got the goods on the train I happened across at Arch st. saturday morning? 261 was hauling a single caboose -which a little over a half dozen people boarded. This was around 10:30AM. I didn't have time to see where they went after.

Not sure what they were looking at besides the yard itself.

I have a photo of it, though it's not the greatest considering the tight fencing around the yard I took a quick shot through.
 #1246345  by DogBert

It's plenty hard to tell (even on the raw file... stupid fence...), but it's actually 62, not 52.

62 is listed as an N-22B type caboose here:
http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/lirrcabooseroster.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I suspect LIRR bought it new since the earliest photo of it on that page is 1971. The kicker here is that according to the roster it went to LIRC years ago. I'm thinking LIRC received the second caboose that NY&A inherited - though I'm not sure what number that one was.
 #1246926  by Shavano

Mr rt wrote:Hacks 52 or 62 ... I thought NY & Atl only had 62 & 65, with 65 not suitable for any kind of use ? Therefore it's 62 ?
C-65 is over at the LIRC painted green and blue, carrying the number 105.

"Wheelspur" (new location on the south side) has also been completely cleared out for some time, with numerous inspections done by both railroads.
 #1247070  by DogBert

It's definitely 62 then. Anyone know when did 65 leave?

I haven't been by the wheelspur site in awhile - they lay any track yet? Buildings were vacated by fall 2012, flooded by the hurricane, and demoed by last spring.