Railroad Forums 

• Increased Amtrak service in state budget

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#288696  by Arborwayfan

Does anyone know when the new schedules for the new Amtrak trains that the state of Illinois is paying for will be published? I can't find any news items about it since the budget passed? Are the extra frequencies really coming in late October? Anyone know roughly what the new schedules are supposed to be, especially on the Illini route?

#289837  by natethegreat

Names have been announced yet but service is expected to begin October 1.

Per the Illinois Central Yahoo group:

390 - NB - Leave Carbondale 0735
Arrive CUS 1300

393 - SB - Leave CUS 0915
Arrive Carbondale 1445

#293867  by Bartman-tn

Last word I got from Amtrak is that the new trains start October 30th.

Bart

#295995  by natethegreat

Like most other state projects, the rail service expansion originally scheduled for October 1st has been moved to sometime in late October or sometime in early to mid November. An announcement is expected soon on an official start date.

#296148  by CN_Hogger

This will be great, two more Amtraks to 'go in the hole' for!

#300263  by Arborwayfan

The new service Carbondale-Chicago is now on the amtrak website. It starts Oct. 30. My only disappointment is that it arrives Chicago 1 pm, just 10 minutes too early for a guaranteed connection to the California Zephyr. (I was hoping to travel that way at Christmas.) I realize they aren't mostly planning for connections, but it seems like they could have shifted everything 11 minutes earlier to make that one work. They would have gotten a few extra passengers and I can't imagine it would have cost anything or eliminated any passengers.
 #306381  by tsched

Yes, the new service for Chi-Carb begins on the 30th. It's on Amtrak's website now. An extra train has also been added to the Chi-Quincy route. Also on the schedule. Now just waiting for the announcement on the additional Chi-STL trains. 'Course.. Amtrak's dealing with the UP here so good luck scheduling around their trains.