Railroad Forums 

• I had the most totally awesome day!

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#237272  by Guilford Guy

where to begin where to begin
OK...
SPAZZZZZZZ
well
I saw 2 MBTA trains
A truck with a claw loading prefab rail onto a trailer
THEN!!!
so I see a guilford engine coming from the yard
Brakeman gets out walks over "ya gettin some good pictures "
"ya"
so they reverse direction and start heading up a seldom used branch
I have another brief chat and he tells me to continue north and we'll come to a crossing where they do alot of switchin
SO then we come there
no gates
They flagged the loco across!!!
so they get across and start switchin well...
brakeman comes up to me
so I continue watching
so they continue switching and are finnaly done we get back to ayer
a MBCR train was co,ming in only 8 minutes and would've been a great shot side by side with the Guilford loco
Mom said we had to go
Oh well
it was an AWESOME day
Last edited by Guilford Guy on Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

#237376  by Otto Vondrak

Alex- please be careful not to post something here that could get your friendly crew in trouble.

Also- you have misspelled "stupid."

-otto-

#237381  by Guilford Guy

yes I know
I tried to keep as few details out as possible about te crew
feel free to edit or comment on parts which should go

#238212  by NRGeep

Perhaps "Pan Am" is so beyond stupid that they have become supid? LOL :(

#241831  by GP40MC 1116

A good railfan never reviels their true connections.. Am i right? :) I have figured out that most of the railroad crews in NH and MA and the New England area are fairly nice to railfans at times.. Everyone seems to forget it's only a hobby as long as you stay out of the way and do not tresspass, your just enjoying a great hobby.