Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1579560  by Ridgefielder

So I know all service is halted today because of damage. Lohud.com noted that there are washouts but didn't say where. And I know I haven't heard a train go through Bronxville so far today. Anybody have reports as to exactly what has been flooded/washed out/damaged?
 #1579773  by MACTRAXX

G/T: That mud/dirtslide north of Yonkers was reported on the noontime news (WCBS2) on 9/3.
The video showed at least two vehicles in the created ditch and at least two of the Hudson Line
tracks completely covered with mud/dirt. The mention was that the slide area was unstable
and could further erode was not good for the restoration effort to reopen the Hudson Line.

Good weather is contributing to recovering from the Ida remnants deluge...At the time of this post
Sunday 9/5 there is the risk of a passing shower and than Wednesday 9/8 a thunderstorm risk with
another cold front bringing in another stretch of dry weather ahead. The last thing that the hard-hit
NYC area needs at this point is another heavy rainfall right now...MACTRAXX