Railroad Forums 

• Hudson Valley RR History

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1010718  by Bernard Rudberg

I will be doing a talk on local railroads this coming Sunday afternoon ( 1/29 ) for the Stanford Historical Society.

This will be at the Town Hall in Stanfordville, NY starting at 1:00 PM. The public is invited.

I have customized a slide show for the three railroads of Stanford. They are:

The ND&C RR which ran from the Hudson River at Dutchess Junction to Millerton

The P&E RR that ran from Poughkeepsie to Boston Corners and Millerton

The P&C RR that ran from Poughkeepsie to Silvernails, Boston Corners and Millerton.

At the end I have thrown in a few slides about how we are restoring the Hopewell Junction Depot.

The total is 96 images.

I hope you can join us for the slides and discussions.

Bernie Rudberg
 #1012292  by Bernard Rudberg

Just got back from doing a railroad talk to the Stanfordville Historical Society. We had to move to a bigger room because 75 people showed up. It was a very good afternoon with lots of audience questions. They bought all the copies of my book that we had with us and ordered two more besides. We probably could have sold more if we had them with us.

They liked what we are doing at the Hopewell Depot Restoration.

Bernie Rudberg