Railroad Forums 

• How to disassemble Walthers Mainline coach?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1372077  by epspsy

61 people have looked at this item. Does no one have a clue, suggestion? Where are the hobbyist's?
 #1372096  by Backshophoss

Believe the "Mainline" series cars are done the same way as the "proto" series cars,
you should have an"exploded view" sheet that has the bodyshell removal directions.
The "proto" cars "exploded view" sheet has the same directions for adding/maintaining the car lighting kit.
 #1398073  by Montrealrail1

I buyed a Mainline passenger car,to have a quick look on them before buying more

I have the VIA combine baggage coach car,I was surprised by the price,little lower than Proto serie's car

how to disassebling them,it's the same way,we can remove the roof and reach the inside of the car,to add passenger and lights.

What I'm expecting to do soon,it's try to remove seats from inside and repaint the seats in the right colours.also,do some touch to the floors and few things inside,then,add passenegrs in

for light kits,I will add some easy peasy lights kit from Rapido,much more efficient and much less work to put in