Railroad Forums 

• How to determine when a NS train will be traveling

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1531415  by SouthernRailway

Is there a way to determine when a NS freight train will be traveling through an area: either through a schedule, through something online or otherwise?

There is a Norfolk Southern line in Greenville, SC that heads off the main Atlanta-Charlotte line. The line in question goes through the West End downtown, by the baseball stadium, down Augusta Road a bit and then heads off to Greenwood, SC (I think).

I hear trains in it around 10am and 8pm, and perhaps other times, but I never know for sure when they are coming through. I’d like to see one.

Is there a way to confirm when on a particular day a train will be coming through? Even if it’s just monitoring something online and playing it by ear or finding a schedule, I’d be interested.

Thanks.
 #1539921  by mmi16

Trains run when they run - even 'hot shot' scheduled trains are not consistent enough to set your watch by. Trains on secondary line are even more sporadic in their operation. Get a scanner and log in the radio channels that NS uses in your area - listen and learn.