Railroad Forums 

• How do I become a Moderator? What do they do?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#41758  by Otto Vondrak

Send an email to Mike or myself... let us know which forum you are interested in. If you are a member in good standing, it should be no problem.

-otto-

#50424  by CRail

What are all the dutys of a moderator? I wouldnt mind helpin out my freinds at rr.net

(if its just monitoring a certain forum i shouldnt have a problem committing some time for it.)

#50739  by Otto Vondrak

The duties of a moderator:

1. Monitor your forum and help keep discussions on topic.

2. Remove material that is blatently off-topic.

3. Immediately remove any obscene or distasteful material.

4. Edit thread titles for content and clarity.

5. Report problems to the site administrators as needed.

6. Help uphold the rules and policies set forth by Railroad.net.

Use common sense, more or less. The rest comes with experience. You should have a genuine interest and above-basic knowledge for the subject you want to moderate. You should be active in your forum, and log in at least once a day. Your volunteer help is what makes RAILROAD.NET a great resource!

-otto-