Railroad Forums 

• HO Scale GP-38 271 & 261

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #368436  by Mr rt

They're back in stock at TrainLand, but at regular price.
271 has the special decal on the side too.

#370582  by paulrail

I hope that some major model manufacturer will come out with the new paint scheme for the MP-15s and GP-38s. (preferably with sound and DCC)

There was a nice picture of all 3 newly painted units in the February issue of Railpace (?) .....one of the major train magazines anyway.

#371999  by Mr rt

Picked up Walter's catalog this week, inside is a GP-38 in the old blue stripe LIRR colors 256 & 271 (I think).

#409501  by Plywoodhall33

Mr rt wrote:Picked up Walter's catalog this week, inside is a GP-38 in the old blue stripe LIRR colors 256 & 271 (I think).

It was 257 and 271,they have great detail.

#409531  by paulrail

Highball Graphics has produced the decal set for the "new" black, green and white paint scheme for the GP-38s and MP-15s. :wink:

They also have the original green and white scheme decals with the correct size "diamond" logos. The Athearn ones are too small.

Here is a link:
http://mgdecals.com/homepage.htm

Does anyone know what color "green" is used on the new paint scheme?
It is definitely darker than on the original color green.

Paul

#412751  by mutz155

I KINDA LIKE THE ORIGINAL PAINT SCHEME MYSELF - BASIC RUSTOLEUM GREEN WITH A TRIED-TO-MAKE-STRAIGHT WHITE STRIPE.