Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#23982  by Steve Wagner

I learned just this morning from a Walthers mailing that arrived at a hobby shop May 25 that the firm will be offering its ready-to-run Pullman-Standard 52-seat streamlined coach in D&H paint and lettering. Order #932-16762, $34.98 list, "expected" August 28.

I put this on the Atlas HO Forum today, but that forum has just been closed until sometime in August.
 #24252  by Champlain Division

It's listed on their website. I requested a picture of it from them. Hopefully soon................

It should, possibly, make up for the lack of availability of the undecorated fluted side version. I ordered five at Christmastime assuming they would be available as such. Fortunately, my local hobby merchant was able to extend me store credit when I returned them.

These will be highly prized by D&H modelers as the only option available before now was the NKP Car Shops brass sides on a car core kit.

I've always regretted D&H's decision to sell these cars to Venezuela(?) prior to the ressurection of NYC - MTL passenger service. They would have nicely complimented the domes and sister dining cars on the Adirondack. (Well, at least they'll get the chance to do that on my HO layout.)

Does anyone know if these cars are still in existence in South America?
 #42678  by Champlain Division

A picture of the car has been posted on Walthers website!
 #753233  by Acourtrail

In March 2009 an N scale model of the ex DRGW 52 seat coaches should coming out from Intermountain although this model has been proposed for about three years. From the drawing on the Intermountain site it looks like it will have the side skirts between the trucks, if the model does come out with these skirts it will allow all five cars to be modelled 22, 23, 25 still had skirts and for 21, 24 it should be easy to chop them off. The model shop I use is trying to get one in for me to buy, as US models are not that easy to get over here in the UK it means I sometime miss out on nice stuff if the shop can't get in what I want although they are usually successfull. Walthers are starting to do passenger cars in N and they seem to be doing the same type they already have in HO so at some point there could be a D&H exDRGW coach from them as well.