• HLCX UNITS ON THE MOVE TONIGHT AND TOMORROW

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by SR4501

emfinite wrote:Heard a lot of informative news today from the crew. Lots of traffic to be expected at this new rail terminal once everything is in place. They are expecting all sorts of commodities, some of which being lumber, plastics and aggregate. US Rail officials, NYAR staff and Brookhaven town officials were on site today for the delivery of the two engines.
You are correct and you beat me to posting the information! :-) Also, one thing that I heard from my friend as well, is that US Rail tends to rotate equipment from their facillities, so these 2 units someday may be rotated out for different ones.

BTW.. Nice pictures and videos everyone!! I do apologize if the times I posted were not to accurate but my friend who called me up to tell me said those were the times he heard.
  by mainline

SRS4501 that was the old departure time. Jury Duty special to Riverhead pushed their time slot back from 8:50/9:25 to 10:35. Greenport Scoot leaves KO at 10:40. 155 was tagged August 2010 at Pine Aire. I guess I missed you Emfinite. Chris and I were on the platform at Brentwood Station. There is a switch at Brookhaven Rail Terminal that heads to the property to the east. Heard from the 60 crew that BLT will developing the site with Freight buildings. Could be a big move for the NYA. Bill
  by Shavano

So as not to duplicate emfinite's shots above me from the chase, here's a few more..

The train was arranged with NYAR power bracketing the Helm units in order to allow one the crew to cut the power from the normal RS60 consist and shove the units into the terminal without having to run around the train at YA or LD.

Today also marked the first time in 30 years that a train crossed over River Rd in Calverton into the former US Navy complex - this project is far from dead, although the 2 million dollar grade crossing that sees maybe 50 cars a day and maybe 4 trains a week didn't want to work today.. ;) The crew shoved the ballast hoppers that have been at the entrance for some time a mile further down into the spur.

by mirrodie

NIce coverage of some new stuff here.

Question. Its been some years since I worked on Sills Rd. Iwas just perusing googlemaps for that area east of Sills rd, off the N side ofthe LIE service road. Where exactly is this new terminal? And where does the track come off from/spuf off of? Yaphank?

Pardon me as its foreign to me.

THanks.
  by Ðauntless

Since they hijacked my photo for there website, I am hijacking there track plan.
  by MrGP10

Excellent videos!!!!! Can any one please try to get some footage of the HLCX units in action? Im confused is the brookhaven thing connected with Calverton? how many miles do they now have HLCX? Many thanks. What do they mean by rotating their engines??
  by tahawus84

Brookhaven and calverton are not connected. The new units are not being used yet they are just stored on site so far. I think what he means by rotating out the power is that power used on the companies other lines may be exchanged with these units in the future. I would say that the tracks are about 75% finished in the terminal
  by Crabman1130

What kind of repairs can be done in Brookhaven? I would think that there must be some kind of schedule where they will have to be rotated for maintenance.
  by mirrodie

Dauntless, I appreciate he map but I'm still lost.

I cant get a bearing on where it is on google maps relative to Sills rd. And from what main set of tracks does it branch off?
  by Ðauntless

LIRR eastbound to the bottom right, YA station at the next exit.
  by rail buff

For those interested.... 2 hclx units are now in yaphank as of 8/17 5pm. Don't know when they got there. You can get a nice view of the north end of the complex and the locos from the south entrance ramp to the eastbound LIE. Didn't have camera. Looks like a ton of work has been done since some of the last photos have been posted
  by mirrodie

THank you Dauntless. Someone mentioned they were visible from the LIE North service rd but south makes more sense now.

Thanks again.
  by Crabman1130

I drove past there on the south service rd. I didn't see the units. I' didn't get out of the car. I'll be passing there tomorrow. I'll bring my camera and try to get a better look.