Railroad Forums 

• Historical Infomation

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#2151  by Schuylkill Valley

Lets keep this topic alive .

From the last R&N forum we left off with the Red Rock Diner at Port Clinton , back in the mid 1800`s .

Can anyone eles add or think of any other historical infomation about the R&N or railroads that they own ?

Len.[/b]
Last edited by Schuylkill Valley on Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#2436  by rushhour

Remember when the RBMN operated the Kutztown, Colebrookdale, and Perk branches? When did the RBMN start these operations? Also what custumers are along the line to Hamburg? I could only think of that sand place if I'm not mistaken. Are there any more?

Take care

#2457  by RBMN-ENGR.

The RBM&N (BM&R) operated the Perkiomen Branch from October 1988 until June 1995, the Colebrookdale Branch from July 1989 until June 1995 and the Kutztown Branch from July 1989 until June 1995.

Currently active customers on the Temple-Hamburg line (Pennsy Branch) are Eagle Chemical at Temple, Berks Products at Ontelaunee, Americold at Orchard (Leesport) and Agway at Leesport (seasonal).

#2475  by Schuylkill Valley

Hey RBMN ENGR ,
What year did BMR run #425 on the Kutztown railroad??
I was talking to my friend Dave the other day he said they ran the 425 on that line once. I don`t rember that my self.

Len.

#2480  by RBMN-ENGR.

The 425 never ran on the Kutztown Branch. We did run trips there one time, but they were push-pull trips with SW1 #600 on one end and the RCT&HS's ex-RDG GP30 #5513 on the other.

#2584  by rushhour

Thanks RBMN-ENGR. :D