Railroad Forums 

• Hiding railfans and our job to turn you in

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#126718  by LCJ

I tend to use irrigation instead, but I live in desert climate...

#126724  by UPRR engineer

Mr. GOLDEN-ARM..... You're a nice guy..... I kick everyone off, well I guess I lied, most guys I kick off. I don't much care for riders, I heard too many stories about hogheads getting robbed while checking their power.

#126725  by GOLDEN-ARM

Careful Larry, too much irradiation could cause skin irritation :wink:

#126726  by LCJ

That's irrefutable! But we don't have to be irrational about it.

#126727  by GOLDEN-ARM

I'm not sure about how you guys do it up there, in Wyoming, but I never leave the cab without a very large caliber handgun, secured in my waistband holster. (God bless the concealed weapons permit!!!!) Never had a problem with anyone before. Although, there were a few times, when inspecting locos, at night, on the border, when I was suddenly "startled", by the appearance of a person, or persons, inside the radiator compartment, under the cab floor, or standing in the short hood!!! Some cool thinking, and limited espanol, made sure everyone was happy at the end.
Last edited by GOLDEN-ARM on Fri May 13, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#126728  by GOLDEN-ARM

That, is irrefutable, Mr. LCJ. (Am I irreproachable, or what :wink: )

#126735  by LCJ

Is that arm iridescent gold or what? You're just irreformable, I think.

#126737  by UPRR engineer

You're nuts pal... I have a permit to carry also, never leave the house without a gun, but I'm not packing while at work, YOU CAN'T DO THAT. It would suck to get caught with it at work, and if you let someone have it one night, then what would you say? I just bring a pocket knife with me, stabbing someone verses blasting someone, DANG DUDE. I guess they have been finding bodies next to Wyo Utah border along the tracks... who knows. LOL

#126741  by GOLDEN-ARM

Believe it or not, Mr. UPRR, my last assingment was a location where the TM was also packing, the terminal manager, as well as most guys on the night jobs. I would rather lose my job, than my life. (I don't want to be the poor soul that brings a pocket-knife, to a gunfight!!!) My state allows me to carry, and now, thanks to a recent change in the law, no longer requires me to retreat, from a serious/armed threat. My rulebook also says "no-no", but my boss says "you'd better". It's not flashed, and I have never had occasion to pull it (thank God), but the peace of mind knowing I am "protected", allows me to put all of my attention to the task at hand, not wondering about who might come through the cab door, in the middle of the night. On the SP, between Houston and Brownsville, almost every guy had something in his boot, or belt. Just like safety glasses and hearing protection, I consider it to be "breathing protection". I would rather be "judged by twelve, than carried by six", so to speak. Regards.. :wink:

#126744  by LCJ

Brownsville, TX and Green River, WY are two very different places in many ways.

#126746  by GOLDEN-ARM

It's irrecusable, that their arm is irradicable, in it's irreducible golden-ness. Irreverent? No. Irrelevant? Hardly. Irreproachable? More than likely :wink:

#126747  by GOLDEN-ARM

Si, senor. :P

#126748  by GOLDEN-ARM

Much like St. George and Pittsburgh!!!

#126749  by LCJ

Irregardless of the consequences, too, I suppose.

Ah, Pittsburgh! I miss the fish sandwiches the most.
Last edited by LCJ on Fri May 13, 2005 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#126750  by GOLDEN-ARM

Well said, Larry. Well said. :wink: