Railroad Forums 

• Hi all!!

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #599439  by D&H557

New to forum, not new to railfanning!!! I want to introduce myself. I have been a railfan, forever. I am 33 years old, and started at the age of around 13 or so. The main reason i posted this on the NS thread, is because this is where i will spend most of my time. I sorta got out of the hobby about 6 years ago, but just getting back into it. I spent most of my days at Reading (CP belt,Blandon lowgrade,Wyomissing junction, and surrounding areas). Other places include Abrams (when you could park there until the wee hours of the morning), Wilsmere yard (when i wanted my CSX fixs) and a few other ares. I am still getting used to the symbols of the NS trains, the trains i remember (MOEN,ML440,tHE D&H TRAINS (MY FAVS). those are no longer. I have spent the last few times out at Valley Forge. Traffic does not seem as heavy as it was. Saw 4 last night. G17,Q191 (leaving), a very FAST hopper drag and 35A that had a pup unit dropped at Abrams. I also went Thursday night of last week, and saw a few. Didn't have the scanner with me, so couldn't tell what trains they were. I did snap a few shots that night. Qoustion i have, is what time of day can you catch stack trains, and auto trains. I remember stack trains showing up later at night, and i really have not stayed very late (yet). I love the stack trains, but i think i am not staying late enough. Anyway, i am so glad i started back into it, i missed alot of years of rail fanning. Glad i signed up here, should be getting back in full swing. I also have 2 small childran, that help me as well. I started taking them, and thats all they want to do now.

Pictures from last week.
[image]Image[image/]

[image]Image[image/]

[image]Image

Was also fishing in New York about a month ago, and caught a nice csx GP30

[image]Image[image/]

My son and his first REAL train.
[image]Image[image/]
 #599651  by charlie6017

Welcome aboard---and thanks for sharing your awesome photos! :-)
 #599688  by pennsy

Welcome Aboard, and great shots. Keep them coming.
 #600273  by jlr3266

Welcome, and thanks for the great pics! The last one is the best.
 #600318  by Tadman

Welcome back to the hobby. Keep taking your son along, too. My dad was never a big railfan but he always allowed me to stop and observe the trains, as well as ride trains that went nowhere he needed to go. I owe him big for that one.
 #602666  by path580

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question. But I have a question for you, where were these great photos taken? I would love to check this place out...thanks
 #602740  by Schuylkill Valley

Thoses great pictures were taken at the Port Kendy station now own by the Valley Forge NP. And is along the ex. Reading Company Main Line now own by NS.

Welcom to the forum D&H557 .

Len.