Railroad Forums 

• HH660

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#71776  by Gilbert

Hi Guys I'm new to the forum and would appreciate any ideas on where I can find photos of B&M/MEC HH 660s.

Thanks

Chris
Modelling New England in the Old one..

#71786  by wolfmom69

:P Welcome to the Forum,Gilbert-and include Portland Termnal Co. HH-660s along with the MEC/BM units. P.T.C.O. did the switching in the Portland Maine area for those railroads. There is a fairly new paperback on Boston & Maine switchers that has photos,and really,any of the books on the B&M and MEC that have a lot of photos. There is also the out of print small paperback by Ed Robinson,"Maine Central Diesel Locomotives"(also includes P.T.C.O.) that has some photos,rosters, and dimensions & plans. Bud
 #71821  by Noel Weaver

A recent issue of Diesel Era magazine has an article about the Alcos of
Portland Terminal.
I just came back from the hobby shop here in Fort Lauderdale and they
had one issue left with that article today.
Noel Weaver

#72329  by Richard Glueck

Send me your email. I have pictures of 1003 being cut up in Waterville Yard.
 #73828  by Gilbert

Thanks for the help so far
Any idea on the issue of Diesel Era - the current one is Nov/Dec and there's not sign of the article n that one. It's sometimes quite hard to get hold of mags on this side of the Atlantic.

Chjris
 #73863  by wolfmom69

:P Gilbert; the issue is May/June 2004. Just order it from Withers Publishing Co. I'd check their website out too,as you can see what the back issues have for feature stories. Just do a search for either Diesel Era or Withers Publishing Co. Good Luck,Bud :P
 #74008  by Gilbert

Thanks Bud - will do

#74096  by Richard Glueck

Gilbert, did you get the images I sent you?
were they any value?