Railroad Forums 

• Help with East Deerfield GRS Abbreviations???

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#165780  by Ejen34

Greetings,

Please forgive if this has been previously discussed, I checked but could not find a discussion.

This afternoon I came across a site listing 3 different sets of GRS abbrevations for East Deerfield:Portland...

EDPO
EDPA
EDPB

I wonder if folks can enlighten me as to the distinction between each??? This is the first I have seen of the A/B version....

Many thanks for helping :)

#165800  by doublebell

EDPO = East Deerfield to Portland
EDPA = East Deerfield to Portland (second)
EDPB = East Deerfield to Portland (third)

John Collins

#165839  by Ejen34

As simple as first and second unit eh...hmmm thought there would be more to it....

Many thanks John :)

#166051  by mick

These
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

#166086  by Ejen34

mick wrote:These symbols are no longer in use. The new symbols are MOPO, Mohawk job, EDPO (same) RURJ, Rigby job, SEPO, Worcester job, POSE, Rigby job, POMO, Rigby job. The old jobs, EDPA and EDPB, ran out of Dover, and all jobs were abolished out of Dover except DOBO. It can get confusing. On any given night, POSE may be RURJ, or RURJ may go to Worcester , or POSE may go to Deerfield. Or LOED may be RURJ. Or POSE may taxi to Bow for NHBxxx. This is all planned by skilled Train Operations Managers on a giant scale-model railroad located at Guilford Rail System headquarters in North Billerica Mass. Don't try to figure it out yourself, this can cause delusions of trains actually making it to their final terminal! just watch the trains!
Hahahaha...I am getting dizzy just reading this paragraph mick....many thanks :)