Railroad Forums 

• Harrington Park, NJ Rail line schedule

• For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.
For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1123376  by kburke

Evening all,

I've just joined the forum hoping someone may be able to help me find some information. I'm wondering how often trains run on the line through Harrington Park, NJ. From GIS it looks like this line is called "Conrail W Shore Division" - but I can't seem to find any schedules.

Any direction that can be provided would be greathly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regard,
KB
 #1125945  by ExCon90

I don't have some of the specific information you're looking for, but since there have been no responses, I can tell you that the line was acquired by CSX when Conrail was split (I don't know how it's currently designated by CSX) and now forms a major freight artery connecting New England with the South and the North Jersey metropolitan area with the West. It is single track with passing tracks (down from mostly double track years ago) and forms something of a bottleneck because of the volume of freight traffic, so freight traffic should be quite heavy. How predictable specific movements are, and at what times of day, I don't know. There has been no passenger service on the line since (I think) the early 1960's, and there appears to be no realistic expectation of any in the foreseeable future.